LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
You believe good public policy leads to better lives. You know that engaged and informed citizens are as important today as they were in the 1700s. And you understand that the freedom movement needs innovative programming to appeal to more than just the wonks.
Reclaim New York is looking for someone like you. We are seeking a grassroots intern that is interested in learning about the core processes of a non-profit’s field operations. The internship requires a minimum of 10 hours per week in one of the following four regions: Long Island, the Hudson Valley, the Southern Tier, or Central New York.
You should have ridiculously strong organizational skills and an unmatched work ethic. You should want to learn more about event planning, logistics, and grassroots organizing (and ideally have some experience in this area). You should be a rock star at finding information online so quickly that our heads will spin. An understanding of state and local policy issues is helpful, but not necessarily required. Creativity, however, is a must.
WHO WE ARE
Reclaim New York is a non-partisan, non-profit organization that empowers New Yorkers, through education and civic engagement, to reclaim ownership of their government.
We conduct training programs to clarify complex policy issues. We’ve created affordability tools that show families why financial stability is so difficult in our state. Our transparency project is launching a wave of citizen-driven oversight that is producing more responsive local governments.
To be clear, Reclaim New York is not a think tank – we’re on the ground and we’re building. We’re exposing the entrenched and broken governing class so New Yorkers can have a more affordable place to live, work, and raise a family.
- Demonstrated history of delivering work on time
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Experience working in CRMs and excel spreadsheets
- Strong research skills and demonstrated attention to detail
- Identifying, contacting, and briefing the Regional Director on key regional actors
- Identifying, supporting and maintaining critical outreach-related databases
- Managing database contacts in coordination with the Regional Director
- Assisting the Regional Director with event planning, recruitment, and logistics
- Providing on-site support for trainings, meetings, conferences, and networking events
- Following relevant local news stories and briefing the Regional Director
Qualified candidates should submit the following in one PDF file:
- Cover letter detailing your sincere interest in this position/mission of the organization
Materials should be emailed to LBertolotti@reclaimnewyork.org. All materials should be sent in one PDF file with your full name in the file name. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.