LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
You: An energetic person who loves working with people. You believe in our mission of providing critical civic education on key issues facing New Yorkers. You’re not shy about working to open doors and you pair a strong work ethic with excellent oral and written communication skills. You want to be the face of our brand and can dedicate 110% of your energy to being Reclaim’s Regional Director for New York City.
Our Team: Reclaim New York is a non-partisan, non-profit organization focusing on affordability, education, and government reform across New York. We provide civic education on complex policy issues and we empower New Yorkers to engage their state and local government. Most importantly, we’re a group of New Yorkers that believes deeply in helping citizens reclaim ownership in their relationship with government.
Since our public launch in 2015, Reclaim has grown quickly across the state. With a team of citizen owners, Reclaim is helping families understand the acute impact New York’s affordability crisis has on families. Through the New York Transparency Project we’re training local citizens to increase transparency and accountability in local governments. It’s now time to pair strong programming with an even stronger visual presentation.
We are seeking a Regional Director to facilitate civic our engagement efforts in NYC. This is an external facing position with daily public interaction. That means you must be a people person!
Your mission will center on identifying, encouraging and raising awareness on Reclaim’s issues with New Yorkers. You’ll identify local civic organizations, Chambers of Commerce, business alliances, government officials and community groups to create opportunities to share our message. These meetings lead to actionable training programs on issues like affordability and transparency.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead Reclaim New York’s efforts to facilitate community level education on Reclaim’s issue areas
• Identify local leaders and organizations to develop and grow Reclaim’s relationship with key community partners
• Represent Reclaim at community meetings, conferences, and local presentations
• Develop and update research briefs and issue reports on key local issues
• Aid in the drafting of educational curriculum on key policy issues
• Facilitate training sessions with local communities to educate residents about Reclaim’s platform and message.
• Capture and support management of database, housing participants, supporters, and programmatic partners
• Track and report on community growth metrics
• Manage all operational aspects of event execution with support staff
• Strong, professional communication skills
• Creativity and a passion for public policy and problem solving
• Basic understanding of Reclaim’s key issues
• Strong self-motivation; experience meeting tight deadlines; adaptability
• Belief in the importance of civic education and an engaged citizenry
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, intermediate skills in Excel preferred
• Experience managing staff or volunteers in a professional business or political setting
• Preference given to bilingual candidates
• Compensation package is commensurate with experience.
• Compensation for Health Benefits, 401K, and PTO are included
If you are interested in this position, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.