Albany or New York, NY
You: You believe that good public policy leads to better lives. You know that an engaged an informed citizenry was as important in the 1700’s as it is today. But today, we have better tools to ensure people understand what’s going on. You’re adept at using those tools to navigate the intersection between public policy, communications, and citizens.
You believe that New York is heading in the wrong direction on issues related to freedom, affordability, and corruption. You feel emboldened to push back when government overreaches and inspire others to do the same. You laugh at the public backlash cast your way by those who prefer to throw rocks instead of finding solutions! You’re passionate about the cause, thoughtful about your words, and above all else, prepared to tackle a massive mission.
Our Team: Reclaim New York is a non-partisan, non-profit organization making New York more affordable. We provide civic education on complex policy issues and we empower New Yorkers to engage their state and local government. Most importantly, we’re a group of New Yorkers that believes deeply in helping citizens reclaim ownership of government.
Since our public launch in 2015, Reclaim has grown quickly across the state. Through a community of citizen owners, Reclaim is helping families see the impact New York’s affordability crisis has on their wallet. Through the New York Transparency Project we’re training local citizens to increase transparency and accountability in local governments. Our Director of Grassroots Advocacy ensures that our programming leads to civic action and better policy!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reports directly to the Executive Director and is a member of senior staff with fellow directors of Communication, Policy, and Administration.
Field Team Management
- Directly manages field team, including regional directors, regional coordinators, and an outreach manager
- Sets strategy and KPIs for field activations and tightly manages a broad array of tactics executed by regional teams
- Ensures field team maintains brand consistency, high-quality policy activations, and a focus on growing citizen relationships, coaches team as required
- Coordinates directly with the Director of Communications on regional media outreach, dissemination and/or placement of press releases, and Op-Eds to generate citizen awareness
- Key owner of relationships with policy influencers and state-level elected officials, building coalitions and driving Albany-centric support for Reclaim efforts
- Owns the policy-activation process, identifying programmatic opportunities, developing strategy and overseeing execution by field team
- Directly manages statewide and Albany-based activations
- Manages field team budget
- Owns Field team reporting on KPIs
- 5+ years’ experience in grassroots-centric programming and issue campaigns
- Experience speaking with the media as an on-the-record spokesperson
- Existing relationships with New York-based civic organizations and policy influencers
- Experience managing 5+ staff in tactic-centric setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Preference given to bilingual candidates (Spanish)
- Strong commitment to supporting free-market solutions to New York’s challenging fiscal problems
- Compensation is commensurate with experience and competitive with the market
- Compensation for Health Benefits, 401K, and PTO are included
Qualified candidates should submit the following in one PDF file:
- Cover letter detailing your sincere interest in this position/mission of the organization
Please include “Grassroots Director, RNY–[Your Name]” in the subject line of your email.
Materials should be emailed in one PDF document to Teri Brake: email@example.com
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls please.