LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
You believe that good public policy leads to better lives. You know that an engaged an informed citizenry was as important in the 1700’s as it is today. And you understand that the freedom movement needs innovative programming to appeal to more than just the wonks.
Reclaim New York is looking for someone like you. We seek an Executive Management Intern that is interested in learning about the core processes of a non-profit policy effort. The internship requires a minimum of 20 hours per week, at Reclaim headquarters. Because of a dumb New York law that restricts freedom – you must be a degree-seeking student for this position.
You should have ridiculously strong organization abilities. You understand the plight of New Yorkers crushed by taxes and pushed out of the state by our high cost of living. You should be a rock star at finding information online so quickly that our heads will spin. You must be creative.
WHO WE ARE
Reclaim New York is a non-partisan, non-profit organization focusing on affordability, education, and government reform across New York. We provide civic education on complex policy issues and we empower New Yorkers to engage their state and local government. Most importantly, we’re a group of New Yorkers that believes deeply in helping citizens reclaim ownership in their relationship with government.
Since our public launch in 2015, Reclaim has grown quickly across the state. Through a network of citizen owners, Reclaim is helping families understand the impact New York’s affordability crisis has on your bottom line. Through the New York Transparency Project we’re training local citizens to increase transparency and accountability in local governments. It’s now time to pair strong programming with an even stronger visual presentation.
- Strong research skills and demonstrated attention to detail
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Excellent written communications skills
- Understanding of New York policy issues, and a passion for civic engagement
- Strong grasp of Excel and Outlook
- Assisting the Executive Assistant and Operations Coordinator with the smooth operations of the NYC headquarters office
- Conducting research, at the behest, of the Executive Director, on public policies impacting all New Yorkers
Qualified candidates should submit the following in one PDF file:
- Cover letter detailing your sincere interest in this position/mission of the organization
Materials should be emailed to Tbrake@reclaimnewyork.org. All materials should be sent in one PDF file with your full name in the file name. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.