LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
You believe that good public policy leads to better lives. You know that an engaged an informed citizenry was as important in the 1700’s as it is today. And you understand that the freedom movement needs innovative programming to appeal to more than just the wonks.
Reclaim New York is looking for someone like you. We seek a Digital Intern that is interested in learning about the core processes of a non-profit digital effort. The internship requires a minimum of 20 hours per week, at Reclaim headquarters. Because of a dumb New York law that restricts freedom – you must be a degree-seeking student for this position.
You should have ridiculously strong organization abilities. You should be comfortable with platforms such as Google Analytics and Twitter. You should be a rock star at finding information online so quickly that our heads will spin. You must be creative. Your goal is to turn and daily news stories into clicks, likes, and shares. Make that new tax or freedom overreach by the government into content people want to engage with.
WHO WE ARE
Since our public launch in 2015, Reclaim has grown quickly across the state. Through a network of citizen owners, Reclaim is helping families understand the impact New York’s affordability crisis has on your bottom line. Through the New York Transparency Project we’re training local citizens to increase transparency and accountability in local governments. It’s now time to pair strong programming with an even stronger digital operation.
- Demonstrated history of delivering work on time
- Experience working with Facebook, Twitter and Google analytics
- Experience with WordPress, basic knowledge of HTML and CSS preferred
- Experience with Hootsuite, Buffer, or other social-media posting platforms is preferred, but not required
- Supporting digital efforts by helping craft social media posts
- Creating detailed reports from Google, Facebook and Twitter analytics
- Identifying, supporting and maintaining critical digital-related databases
Qualified candidates should submit the following in one PDF file:
- Cover letter detailing your sincere interest in this position/mission of the organization
Materials should be emailed to Jhoryn@reclaimnewyork.org. All materials should be sent in one PDF file with your full name in the file name. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.