Share this Post
The New York Transparency Project was born out of the belief in citizen-driven oversight.
During Sunshine Week, we partnered with Dyntra, data management specialists in open government, to release a new Online Transparency Index that allows citizens and public officials to evaluate the online transparency and accessibility of local governments in New York.
We are asking citizens and public officials to go online and evaluate local governments by posting the relevant links from the government’s website to the corresponding indicator.
- Go to http://reclaimnewyork.dyntra.org/
- Select “Login” in the upper right-hand corner
- Select “Register”
- Fill out form, submit, & login
- Select “Manage” in the upper right-hand corner
- Search for your government entity
- Select the blue pencil to evaluate
- Copy and paste valid URLs in the boxes next to the indicators that link to the place where that indicator can be found on your local government’s website
- When you are finished, scroll to the bottom and save your evaluation
With your help, citizens will be able to have a better understanding of what information is available to them in their communities.
Sign up today to join the fight to reclaim New York: